2019 Treasury Notes
Last year we had another very successful year financially to fund the programs implemented to protect our lake from invasive plants and animals and monitoring the quality of the water.
Our Preventative Programs Include:
Lake Host Program – We pay lake host trained individuals to inspect boats to prevent exotic plants and animals from ever entering our pristine lake. We also pay a point person to oversee their daily activities and a person to manage the lake host program.
At the end of 2018, we received a unanimous grant for five years to help pay for the lake host program.
Water Quality & Weed Watch – We take water samples at least a couple times per year and have them tested at UNH. Our 50 years of data is often used as the benchmark for other lakes in our state and region. The clarity of the lake is also periodically tested and recorded. Those masked and finned fellows swimming by your cottages are visually testing our lake for any evasive plants or animals in our water. We also support other organizations working to keep our lake as wonderful as it is.
Bob Tucker Memorial Scholarship – Given annually to college bound area residents and children/grandchildren of our members. The $1,000 scholarship is funded only from donations specifically identified for the scholarships.
New Hampshire Lake Association – We are a member of the association. They help with the administrative functions needed for our Lake Host Program and support legislative efforts in New Hampshire.
Loon Preservation Society – For those interested in the loons on Lovell Lake, the Association collects donations and annually forwards the money collected to the NH Loon Preservation Committee.
- Lovell Lake Newsletter & Annual Decal
- Liability Insurance
- PO Box Rent & Postage
- Annual Meeting & Boat Parade
- Contributions to our Exotic Plant & Animal War Chest
We are Financially Sound
- We live within our budget that is set each year. We can pay our bills even though most are payable before the annual dues are collected.
- We continue to keep our annual dues at only $25.
- We have been able to make annual contributions to our Exotic Plant and Animal War Chest.
- We will be able to react immediately when threats to our lake arise.
- We can do all this because of the generous donations made by our members, community and town.
- All our officers are volunteers.
Please thank those on the Donor List for their generous donations. Your donations do make a difference.
Now more than ever, it is important that every resident on the lake become a member. Please encourage your non-member neighbors to join.