Update May 15, 2021 – We are excited to share Beverly and Jim Lawrie have stepped up to volunteer their efforts as the Lake Host Program coordinators! That being said, we’re always seeking volunteers like you to commit time as Lake Hosts or to support any of the many other Lovell Lake Association volunteer programs and we invite everyone to get involved!
Lovell Lake has been milfoil free thanks to the frontline efforts of the Lovell Lake Association, NH Lake Host Program, local volunteers, and a team of paid individuals that work very hard to keep our lake safe from invasive species.
We need a Volunteer Program Coordinator to ensure the Lake Host Program continues for another 20 years. The program inspects boat at the public launch for invasive species. The position requires an average of 3 hours a week during the summer season and a few hours in the spring submitting a budget to NH Lakes, an organization that manages Lake Host programs statewide.
NH Lakes supplies grant money to Lake Host programs to help defray costs and handles payroll obligations for any paid staff we use. Per the NH Department of Environmental Services (DES), the Program Coordinator must be a volunteer.
To help manage the program, the LLA employs a highly capable, experienced and well-liked paid Lake Host Program Assistant who reports to the Volunteer Program Coordinator. This individual handles most of the workload associated with implementing and managing the Lake Host Program for the summer.
- Work with the paid Lake Host Program Assistant to:
- Ensure all program requirements are met
- Hire potential lake hosts
- Develop a summer schedule/calendar for coverage
- Submit the annual budget to NH Lakes for their review and approval for grant money
- Attend Lovell Lake Association meetings (4x between May and September) and update the
- Interface with the NH Lakes representative when necessary
- Attend once a year mandatory virtual NH Lakes training
- Submit an article once a year to the LLA newsletter and the web site
To inquire about the position contact Susan Davis (email@example.com).
To learn more about the LLA Lake Host Program go to: https://lovelllakenh.org/the-lake-host-program-on-lovell-lake/