Disaster Recovery Committee
If you are on the Weed Watch team and discover a suspicious plant or animal, please follow your established protocol with Dick Desroches.
If you are not on a Weed Watch team and discover something suspicious, please follow these steps:
- Take note of the precise location on the lake or boat/trailer where the weed or animal was discovered. Please also note the date and time of day. Use your phone to take photos of the area.
- Take several good, clear photos of the suspicious plant or animal.
- Use a damp paper towel to wrap up the specimen, place in a baggie and put in your refrigerator.
- Send an email to John or Anusia Hirsch at email@example.com, attach your photos and provide the information you have collected.
- Arrangements will be made to pick up the specimen sample from you.
- Suspicious plants or animals will be sent to our representative at New Hampshire Lakes for official identification.
John and Anusia Hirsch